Windows has been the most used Operating System for decades! But that changed with the emergence of smartphones. These smartphones powered by Android OS are highly-portable supercomputers with amazing speeds and uncountable features. This has eventually made android our most familiar OS ever that we use hundreds of times in a day!
Now, What if Android launched PCs and Laptops instead of sticking with just mobile phones (and tablets)? Just imagine how much fun, easy and useful it would be to work on an Android-powered PC. Well, our curiosity has been answered with Prime OS! In the Blog that follows, we will learn about it and take a look at all things necessary to Download and Install Prime OS on Windows11.
Don’t Be Afraid to Fail!
Prime OS is a lot like Bliss OS (discussed in the previous blog) in the way that it is not an emulator but a full-fledged Android operating system for PCs and Laptops. It has pros over Bliss OS in many aspects.
It is the best choice for gamers looking for an immersive android gaming experience or just curious to try android OS in their obviously non-android laptops or PCs.
Minimum System Requirement
- Processor: Core i3 processor (recommended i5/ i7)
- RAM: 4GB of RAM
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or higher.
- 8GB of free disk space
- Internet to Download Apps from the PlayStore
Download and Install Prime OS
- Go to the official PrimeOS website
- Go to the download section
- Select the preferable version and start the download of the installer
2. Boot Pendrive
- Get a USB pen drive (at least 16GB)
- NOTE: This Pendrive will be formatted/erased. Has it backed up somewhere?
- Go to Rufus
- Select the necessary stuff accordingly
- Select PrimeOS to load to the USB drive
- Select “GPT”
- Confirm the formatting of Pendrive
3. Create a partition
- Check the storage partition of your system
- Ensure that there is at least 20GB of free space on your computer
- Create a partition with the partition tool
- Create a new volume with this tool
- The system will automatically assign a letter to this volume. You can rename it anytime
4. Install PrimeOS
- Enter BIOS mode
- Select ‘Pendrive’ in the Boot device option.
- Click on “install PrimeOS”
- Locate the newly created partition
- This way, you have assigned the new volume to PrimeOS exclusively.
- Like any other installation process, click continue, accept, next, and finish wherever necessary
5. Launching PrimeOS
- Reboot your PC
- While starting after reboot, you can choose to start with Windows OS or Prime OS.
- Select PrimeOS (‘duh!!)
- The initial launch takes a few minutes depending on your PC processing.
- Enjoy and immerse yourself in the vivid experience and cool interface of PrimeOS!
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if you load a USB with PrimeOS but there is no option to boot it?
- Copy whatever PrimeOS file you downloaded to your computer and if you have any important data on your USB stick, also copy that to your computer
- Download and install Etcher on your computer
- Open Etcher and select your PrimeOS file and your USB drive in Etcher
- Click on ‘Flash’
- Your flash drive /USB stick can be booted
- Reboot your computer
- Press the boot options key. It varies on PC brand and model. Do check it
- There will be an option to boot into it
How to uninstall PrimeOS from the laptop if the previous Windows OS is formatted so it is unable to boot Windows again. Grub is not recognizing a USB ISO file
You can uninstall by installing a new OS. However if the grub is not working try to repair the grub, First try to install boot-repair, but after that and it will probably be already installed use pseudo-boot-repair. This will go about replacing the grub and reconfigure it as well.
Add Prime OS (Android_x86_x64) to the grub menu
I have Debian dual boot with windows and try to install prime os also, while installing it I didn’t install its grub because I have Debian grub, but after installation, I can’t find it in grub.
Stuck in the PrimeOS logo screen. What do I do?
Android isn’t designed to run on many virtual machines as it demands hardware acceleration. In VMWare and VirtualBox software, separate installation packages are used to install hardware acceleration. But this is dependent on your GNU tools that Android does not ship. If you still want to use a Virtual Machine, look up how to achieve hardware passthrough with your particular.
How can I dual-boot Ubuntu with PrimeOS?
It is somewhat lengthy and somewhat complicated. But possible if you follow this tutorial: TUTORIALS LINK
Emulator Info’s Words
That’s How you can download and install Prime OS on Windows, It is much more than just an Android emulator. It is a complete Operating system in itself. You can easily install it in your Windows PC with the help of a bootable USB drive loaded with PrimeOS. It has a smooth and innovative interface that integrates Android apps and games with desktop-style orientation on your PC/Laptop.
In our experience, PrimeOS is a must-try for curious minds and android lovers. We rate it 4.8 stars! With PrimeOS, you no longer need to restrict yourself to Windows and macOS when working on a PC. So, convert your windows PC into an Android PC