Hey there Gamer dudes and gals! Here at Emulator Info, we keep y’all updated on all emulators of all kinds on all platforms. In this spirit, today we bring the article about How to Download and Install Dolphin Emulator on Linux.
It is an amazing multi-feature emulator for GameCube and Wii. Dolphin can practically run all games on these consoles and that too with great customizability. So, let’s go ahead and explore How to download and install Dolphin Emulator on Linux with some other aspects.
Let’s dive into the article!
The Game that Eats Souls!
Welcome to the world of Dolphin Emulator. Where everything you wish can be yours! Well, not everything, but you can surely get a collection of tens of thousands of GameCube and Wii games to play from!
These are commercial games and usually, the game CDs cost hundreds or even thousands of bucks plus the added cost of buying the console itself. But here on Dolphin, you get all of it for free! Immerse yourself in endless gaming possibilities across all platforms like Windows, Linux, and even android.
Dolphin emulator not only offers all these games for free but also gives you the accessibility to tweak certain settings as you wish in order to optimize your gameplay as you like. What else can a true Gamer ask for?
|Minimum Requirement||Recommended Specification|
|OS||Linux: modern 64-bit||Linux: latest system|
|CPU||x86-64 CPU with SSe2 support|
|Intel core i5-4670K
AMD: any Ryzen CPU
|RAM||2GB||4GB or more|
|Graphic Hardware||Pixel Shader 3.0|
OpenGL 3 support
|Modern DirectX 11.1
|Input Devices||PC input device like mouse and keyboard||GameCube controller, Wii remote.|
Download and Install Dolphin Emulator
- Start the terminal and add the Dolphin Emulator PPA repository with this command
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dolphin-emu/ppa
- Execute this command to update the system apt repository:
$ sudo apt update
- Through the PPA repository, install Dolphin Emulator on Ubuntu by running this command
$ sudo apt install dolphin-emu
- The terminal will ask you to continue or discontinue the installation process. Press Y to proceed with the installation of the Dolphin Emulator.
- You can see your Ubuntu system now have the latest version of Dolphin Emulator installed.
- You are all set to experience Dolphin Emulator and all its games! Enjoy!
Features of Dolphin Emulator
- Easy to Download
- Compatibility with all PCs (and android phones)
- Free & open source
- Full 1080p HD video quality
- Available on all hardware
- Multiple minors and major tweaks/enhancements
- Configurable controls
- Networked LAN multiplayer
- Turbo speed
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
What Licenses does the Dolphin emulator use?
When Dolphin went open-source in 2008, it was released under the GPLv2 license. However, it has since been relicensed to GPLv2+. According to the license, you may use Dolphin and its source code for any purpose, but distributing Dolphin requires that the source code be released and attribution is given. For more details, see the license document.
How to check Game Compatibility?
- You should check the compatibility of the system before playing any game in dolphin. This can be done by the game icon (right click) -> wiki or search on dolphin wiki.
- This game’s wiki page will show the needed information on compatibility issues. It will also direct you with links to white notepad codes needed to alter the settings.
- Use this information to ensure your system is compatible with the game that you’re about to play
Is the Dolphin emulator received well by gamers?
With approximately 60000 daily active users, Dolphin can easily be called a success in the Gaming community. Dolphin’s opt-in analytics fetch this data.
Gamers have well received the Dolphin Emulator all around the globe. With the emulator’s ability to run games seamlessly at an in better visual quality and higher resolution than the GameCube’s 480i and Wii’s 480p resolution, it has earned a lot of fame over years. PC Gamer editor Wes Fenlon praised the Dolphin Emulator for continually “making major improvements to compatibility and performance”.
Are controllers compatible? If yes, are they necessary?
Controller configuration is an integral step before starting to play any game. Firstly, check if you have any of these controllers available with you:
Xbox360, Xbox One, and various Logitech gamepads.
These XInput gamepads will be recognized by the PC but still have to be configured manually:
- Playstation ¾ controller: use the SCP Toolkit to recognize this XInput controller.
- GameCube Controller: it can be recognized with some configurations, and by using the GameCube Wii U controller adapter or GameCube Mayflash adapter.
- Wii Remote: go to setting and use the Real Wiimote option and a Bluetooth adapter
NOTE: Dolphin games are best when played with controllers as they were supposed to be. But a mouse and keyboard can also be used.
Emulator Info’s Words
Dolphin Emulator is an amazing and innovative emulator for GameCube and Wii consoles. You get all these games for free. Also, the cost to buy the console is saved. You just need a PC with decent specs and you are good to go!
We rate Dolphin Emulator 4.9 stars since it is feature-loaded with a smooth interface and provides amazing gameplay both visually and performance-wise. The gameplay is so good with Dolphin that it is often better than the original console! So, without wasting any more time, download this amazing application and “GAME ON!”