Hello, again Gaming Community! How is everyone today? Do you know that there is a 90% chance that you are reading this article on your smartphone? It is no surprise that we are quite dependent on our mobile phones and here at Emulator Info, we’ve seen many android emulators which bring the ease and usefulness of Android phones to our PCs. But What if we Flip the Table this time?
Yes! I’m talking about Emulating a Windows system over an Android phone. Unique, isn’t it? It is called the WPR Emulator. It is still in its alpha build but looks quite promising and smoothly runs the few games it supports for now. So let’s see How to Download and Install WPR Emulator on Android Mobiles
Console for More Soul!
WPR Emulator is a brand new and unique emulator which emulates Windows over Android. The first version v0.0.1 released just a few days ago. The apk file is around 140 MB and currently runs around 22 games seamlessly. More games are yet to be tested. It is an open-source and free project.
Not many emulators can do what WPR does. Moreover, using this Emulator is an amazing way to play if you like the achievements system in Windows and Xbox games. It currently supports only Vulkan and not OpenGL but still runs on almost all mid-range and decent-specs snapdragon Android Phones.
- 4GB RAM at least
- Vulkan support
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 minimum
Download and Install WPR Emulator
Download .xap game files
- Head over to this Google Drive link (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11NMNyfuRjlvAqtcZQcy-D8mh_pglZBXd) to download game files
- These files are in .xap format and are designed for Windows Phones
- Before downloading check if the game is compatible with the current WPR version
- Store all your game files in one location
Download and install WPR
- On your Android Phones/ tablets, go to the WPR GitHub (https://github.com/8212369/WPR/releases/tag/0.0.1-alpha) repository
- You can also download the .apk or zip from the following links:
- Allow App downloads from “Unknown sources”
- Once installed, launch the WPR Emulator app
- Hit the + sign to go to the game file location
- Choose the games accordingly in order to load them
Features of WPR Emulator
- Gamepad controller support
- Support for Windows Phone .xap files
- Achievements pop-up feature as in Xbox titles
- Only Vulkan is supported
- Game achievement assets like descriptions or names are scrapped from TrueAchievements
Tested and Supported Games
Following are the games that are tested and proven supported on WPR Emulator:
- Brain Challenge
- Bug Village
- Civilization Revolution
- Earthworm Jim (no achievements yet, add them to json)
- Fruit Ninja (crash after one match)
- I love Katamari
- Max and the Magic Marker
- More Brain Excercise by Namco
- Need for Speed Undercover
- Plant vs zombie
- Ragdoll Run (bugged)
- Skulls of the Shogun
- Sonic 4 ep 1
- The Sims 3
- The Sims Medival
- Tiki Towers
- Tower Bloxx
- Zuma’s revenge
The lack of Resolution scaling makes the games look stretched on newer phones.
OpenGL graphics are distorted for now.
Emulator Info’s Words
We have seen so far that WPR is an amazing and unique emulator which lets you play Windows apps on Android phones. It is still in its “infant” phase which is why not many games are supported currently. It seems like a promising project and we can all look forward to where it progresses.
We currently rate WPR Emulator 4.3 Stars. But the later versions might get better and better. Till that, go through the compatibility list and “Game On!!”